The Ontario Government and Region of Peel Public Health do not recommend traditional door-to-door trick-or-treating in Mississauga this year. This recommendation takes into account the status and risk of COVID-19 transmission in the Peel community.
Think about how you can be creative about celebrating Halloween at home with those you live with by:
- Hosting a Halloween movie night
- Indoor candy hunt in full costume
- Carving pumpkins
- Decorating the inside of your house, window or front lawn
No matter how you choose to celebrate Halloween this year, celebrate safely by following all health and safety guidelines and recommendations from the Ontario Government and Region of Peel Public Health and:
- Wash your hands often
- Wear a face covering or mask where it’s required or when it’s difficult to physically distance
- Stay 2 metres/6 feet away from individuals not in your household
- Stay home if you are feeling ill, even if you have mild symptoms or if you are at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19
Keep the spirit of Halloween alive while staying healthy! To learn more, visit mississauga.ca/recovery.