Construction is delayed at the Rockwood Glen playground due to COVID-19-related manufacturing delays. The playground equipment is now scheduled to be installed the week of June 21, and the playground completed no later than June 30, weather permitting.
Please be advised that the playground redevelopment at Rockwood Glen will now take place starting June 21st. and will take approximately two weeks to complete, weather permitting. The new playground at Rockwood Glen is expected to be completed by mid-June, 2020.
As part of the new standard for improving playground accessibility, the new playground at Rockwood Glen includes:
- Play structure for ages 2-5 years with transfer deck (for children with disabilities)
- Play structure for ages 5-12 years with transfer deck
- Swings with 1 accessible swing seat, 3 baby seats, and 2 belt seats
- Two spring toys and spinning seat
- Wheelchair accessible route into playground
- Accessible playground mulch surfacing
- Two park benches with armrests, and wheelchair space in seating area