To update residents please note that all leash-free zones are closed and have been locked as of Wednesday, March 25th. Unfortunately, Council has been advised that people are either jumping the fences or the locks are being cut. Please note that cutting locks is vandalism and jumping fences is trespassing and will be dealt with accordingly.
To date, the City has:
- Provided clear communication through all media channels about the park amenity closures.
- Created special tracking codes for 3-1-1 staff to capture information from residents who are calling in about parks.
- Created and installed approximately 600 signs on park amenities across the City of Mississauga.
- Started removing backboards for Basketball nets.
- Ordered mobile signs for road locations and park locations.
- Corporate Security is attending locations on a priority basis to inform and educate the residents who continue to use closed amenities.
Staff will be taking the following additional actions:
- Additional public messaging
- Fire and Emergency Services trucks and inspectors will be attending park locations while on-shift to help inform and educate residents on closures.
- Parks staff will respond to high-priority playground locations
The City is doing what is in our means to make every area in the City safe, it is up to residents to abide by the rules set in place.
Should you continue to witness this behaviour we ask that you call 3-1-1 (905-615-4311) so we can ensure proper tracking and speedy response.