Celebrating the Power of Public Works
Join us for National Public Works Week at
Family Fun Day on May 26
We can often take our roads, traffic and street lights for granted. For one day each year you have the chance to learn what it takes to keep City services operating smoothly. On May 26, come to Mississauga Celebration Square to celebrate National Public Works Week – Family Fun Day.
Members of the Road Safety Committee will be onsite to kick off their Please Slow Down campaign. Drop by, get your free lawn sign and support safe driving in your neighbourhood.
Family Fun Day
Where: Mississauga Celebration Square
300 City Centre Dr.
When: Saturday, May 26, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Get up close and personal with a snow plow or front end loader
- Ramp up your creative juices at the ArtWorkX exhibit that merges art with infrastructure
- Gear up in public works safety wear, have your photo taken and tweet it out with hashtag #NPWW
- Hop on a MiWay bus and take a guided tour of the Mississauga Transitway or have a look at how we monitor the city’s traffic network
- Road Safety Committee – Please Slow Down campaign launch at 1 p.m.
- Be amazed by a Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services rescue at 1:30 p.m.
- Savour a barbecued burger to support Engineers Without Borders
- Enjoy a free bag of popcorn
- Kids can bounce in a castle and play soccer, baseball or basketball in a sports dome
In addition to Family Fun Day, local schools will visit and learn more about public works with tours of the Mavis Works Yard on May 24.
For more information visit mississauga.ca/roads.