Exercise and Falls Prevention Classes for Seniors Offered through the Local Health
- As of August 1, 2013, the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) will be working with the Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) and other partners to provide community-based physiotherapy, exercise classes and falls prevention services in Ontario. The MOHLTC news release of these services can be located at: http://news.ontario.ca/mohltc/en/2013/04/more-seniors-to-benefit-fromphysiotherapy-and-exercise.html
- Exercise and falls prevention classes for both LHINs will be offered in multiple locations to ensure access for more seniors.
- No fees will be charged and there will be no limit to the number of classes a senior may attend.
- The Mississauga Halton LHIN has chosen March of Dimes Canada, in collaboration with Pt Health Care Solutions Corporation, to provide group exercise and falls prevention classes. To find locations and schedule of classes visit: www.mhlhin.on.ca/Page.aspx?id=10374
- The Central West LHIN is working with the Central West Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) to replace and expand their exercise and falls prevention classes. To find locations of classes visit: http://www.centralwestlhin.on.ca/Page.aspx?id=6226
- For information on accessing these services:
- Mississauga Halton LHIN (Mississauga excluding Malton residents) call March of Dimes at 905-301-7127 or toll-free 1-877-427-6990 ext. 5232
- Central West LHIN (Caledon, Brampton, and Malton residents) contact Central West CCAC Physiotherapy phone number at 1-888-733-1177 ext. 7744
- For information on other health services in your area, contact www.thehealthline.ca or call 310-2222 (no area code needed).