- Do you have a great idea for a cycling event?
- Are you thinking about leading a ride?
- Can you incorporate cycling into an event you’re holding?
If you’ve got ideas, we want to hear from you. Previous Bike Month events have included rides, guided bike tours, festivals, art shows, film screenings, and so much more.
Bike Month is a community-driven program that encourages and celebrates cycling, and is one of the largest events of its kind in Canada. Bike Month kicks off on the last Monday in May with Bike to Work Day, a call to action that encourages people to ride their bicycles to work. Historically a Toronto-based program, Bike Month 2013 will be celebrated across Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) through a partnership with Cycle Toronto and Smart Commute. Bike Month 2013 will be bigger and better than ever this year and we are already gearing up for it!
Here are some important dates if you’re thinking about holding or promoting a Bike Month event:
- April 3 – BikeMonth2013.ca goes live! Post your event to the online calendar here and find other great information about Bike Month in your area. While the calendar will remain open for submissions, post your event before April 30 to appear in the Mississauga print calendar.
- May 1 – Take the Bike Month Pledge on BikeMonth2013.ca. Pledge to ride to school or work, for errands, for fitness and for fun as much as you can during Bike Month and you’ll be entered to win great prizes. Use the pledge at your event to encourage others to get on their bikes!
- May 27 – Bike to Work Day and the start of Bike Month. Participate in events happening all over the GTHA, including the annual Bike to Work Day rides to Mississauga Celebration Square hosted by Smart Commute Mississauga and the City of Mississauga!
- June 30 – Last day of Bike Month. Make sure you to plan your Bike Month event before this time and post it early for maximum exposure.
Questions should be directed to:Keagan Gartz Bike Month Program Manager info@BikeMonth2013.ca